- Work with the manufacturing group to create cost-effective and high quality assembly lines and methods.
- Work with the design engineering group during product development to create manufacturable products.
- Leader of the operations team projects to develop assembly methods and manufacture new products
- Identify capital equipment and develop business justifications and presentations to justify new expenditures.
- Become a lean leader for manufacturing. Help the operations team to understand lean concepts and implement lean concepts in manufacturing.
- Develop fixtures and work cells to improve manufacturing efficiency
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with TL9000 and regulatory requirements
- 2+ years as a manufacturing engineer in an electro-mechanical assembly facility
- Experience implementing Lean or Just-in-Time projects in a manufacturing facility
- Solid understanding of electronic assembly processes and quality
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Project Management skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,